Would be useful to have more rules for subscriptions as an example: shipping country can be used to update shipping prices based on country (when using per product shipping).
We need late fees for unpaid subscription renewal orders.
@Dan Bitzer Another VERY useful rule would be "price is:"
That way you can target the same subscription product but only specific price ranges etc. (equal, more than, less than etc.)
@Levi K Thanks for this suggestion! Could you provide a list of subscription rules you have thought of?
@Dan Bitzer: Here are some rules I thought of quickly
obviously some are more important than others
1. has payment method (let's you choose what payment method)
2. is billing interval
3. is a specific country and not a specific country (should let you add multiple country's)
4. is a specific state/province and not a specific state (should let you add multiple country's)
4. is quantity
5. is metadata
6. is/has a specific shipping method
@Levi K: Ok thanks! A couple of those rules already exist.
- 'Subscription - Has Payment Method' was added in 4.4.3
- 'Subscription - Custom Field' can be used for meta queries
The only one I'm not sure about is the 'is quantity' rule. How would that work?
1. Correct me if I am wrong, Has Payment method only gives you the option of yes and know. (that takes care of most cases)
It can be a little more flexible if it would allow you to select the payment method (example paypal or stripe etc.)
Is quantity can work in multiple ways:
1 and more than one should be an option
and it can also allow you to target specific quantity's
@Levi K: There is also a rule called 'Subscription - Payment Method' that lets you select specific gateways.
@Dan Bitzer: got it
Regarding the rule suggestion "is quantity", I thought about it a little longer and it can work as follows
Rule: "is Quantity"
than you have a field to select an operator
(some examples: = equals to, > more than, < Less than, =>, =< etc.)
Field to select the amount
@Levi K: Is that similar to the 'Order - Item Count' or 'Order - Line Count' rules?
@Dan Bitzer: Just looked at order - item count and yes would be similar just quantity for subscriptions
@Dan Bitzer: If I could throw my two-cents in there is another post just added to the feature requests about having late fees (either a product or a line item of a product on an order) added to subscriptions orders that are not paid on time. This would be great for people doing rentals of any type.